Happy 24th to my sister! Well, okay, if we're talking about blood relation here, we have none. However, if being a sister means having someone to grow up with, fight with, complain with, laugh with, cry with, plot against boys with, and learn with, then we are sisters all the way.I have know Rachel Lee since I was a ripe 5 years of age. We were in the same kindergarten class, in fact. Ah, Mrs. Vowell and the infamous Michaels (two major hotties from the grade school days).
Our paths crossed again when I joined the LDS church at 9 years old. Then, came the years of girls camp, including an especially fun 2nd year.
At 17, she was the first person I called when I needed a place to stay. She was the first person I called for anything, really. I remember meeting her halfway in between our houses, taquitos on the trampoline, and Sunday dinners with the Tufts. I remember running to her with my woes, and crying in her arms. At 17, I moved into the Tuft home, and we officially became "sisters". Then came more adventures of sharing clothes, boat bunk beds, peeing in the rain, and a particular fight in which I recall being called a "racoon".
Rachel is my sister, in my heart she will always be just that.She taught me how to live the gospel. I watched her pray, read scriptures, treat others with kindness, and love her family. She was always there just at the right time, right when I needed her.
She taught me how to dress well, and still teaches me about fashion and beauty. :)
Rachel, thank you for being a part
of my life! Thank you for being born, and for letting me be a part of your family! I love you!

Oh my. What sweet words. I of course am in tears. Mariah, you have always had a way with words. Be it a story, a poem, a note, or a card... you have consistently evoked emotion in me throughout the years.
ReplyDeleteHow lucky was I to gain a sister! You remain a blessing in my life. I am forever grateful for those first few "meet ups" as they led to the powerful friendship we have today. Thanks for making this birthday unforgettable.
I love you very much!
Rachel
a) i'm also in tears
ReplyDeleteb) i'm so happy you blogged
c) i miss you a whole bunch and i hate phone tag with the fire of a thousand suns. we really REALLY need to talk because i need your wisdom. ima try and call you later. and then again tomorrow and the day after that.
d) your blog looks amazing. i love those stripes.
ReplyDelete